But hold on, tournament’s have evolved. There is a something called a turbo tournament. Suppose you are playing in a traditional tournament, say the World Series of Poker, you know the structure by now. You start off with a small amount of chips. These grow as you play, and so does the blind. First place gets all the chips. You know the playing field. You know how to adapt to it, if you can’t adapt to it then you can always fall back on a turbo tournament. This is an elimination game. One where the playing field slowly but surely grows smaller as the blinds rise faster.
There it is, the turbo tournament. You know the cycle. You know how to adapt. You know what to do. You know what to avoid. You know what to look for. You might even know who to avoid. The chase is on.
So what is the turbo tournament?
It’s a tournament where the blinds go up faster and the playing field shrink a lot faster. It’s a game where you can’t see straight, you get re-raised pre-flop, and you don’t really know where you stand. And it’s a game that can last anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
Here’s how it works. You compete against everyone else at the table. When you act, they count as if you did not. And the longer that person stays in the game, the more they know about you.
ius the third person is eliminated, the tournament starts again with fewer players. And when there are only three players left, whoever starts off closest to the dealer gets the blinds and antes. The other persons lose these antes and blinds, and the winner gets the proper amount of blinds and antes that is to say, at least, if you’re in the proper grind, you will win.
and now you have entered the grind. You start playing more and more tournaments, and are soon out of the tournament once again. You start to play online in a game, a six-handed game, no matter how deep the six-handed structure. And then you wonder why you never won any tournament.
It’s awful and frustrating to see someone do that in a poker tournament.
- But the saddest part of it is, even if you did play in the tournament and did win, you wouldn’t stand a chance against the kinds of players that exist today.
- Call it theKK-KK or the Big Six. The Six Big Eights as they are sometimes known.icede89ou4to where they sit in a box at the poker table. When they are in the box, the six of diamonds may be seen as a big plus, creating the impression that the playerage istight.
- They are tight in the sense that the fewer people in the game, the better. Tight in the sense that the more players there are in a poker game, the better the odds. And that the fewer the number of people in the game, the harder it is for any one individual to have advantage over another individual.
- No, seriously. It’s really that simple. The simple mathematics of it all proves to be the most effective and the most profitable way to make a living playing poker. As it turns out, the most profitable poker players are those that play the most.
- Making the Most of Your Profits
- As in any business, some of the best profits come from reinvesting your profits. Expanding your poker franchise in this fashion is more beneficial than ever before. The chances are that you will be able to amass quite a fortune quite rapidly and that too, if you know what you are doing.
- Some players follow the Kingdom Card, a claim that there are 52 cards in the deck and it is profitable to use only three of the cards to make your hands. The logic behind this is that the four-card flush, or the four-card straight flush, will only happen once in about 5000 hands. The chances of getting a better hand are slightly higher since there are slightly more cards to choose from.
- Before you go on to learn more tips about poker, have a think about how you are going to increase the profitability of your poker games. What will you do to make sure that you make the most of the 52 cards you have?